About the Awards
What are the I European Awards of University-Industry Cooperation with Regional Development?
- The I European Awards of University-Industry Cooperation (UIC) with Regional Impact is the main outcome of RUISNET (Regional University Industry Strategies Network), a project part-financed by the European initiative INTERREG IIIC South Its main objectives areto share a joint vision in the European framework of university-industry co-operation and how it benefits and contributes to regional development AND to promote networking social awareness, importance of university-industry collaboration in regional development.
What is going to be awarded?
- Good practices of University-Industry Cooperation with a Regional Impact
What is the objective of these Awards? :
- Recognise openly the importance of University-Industry Cooperation for Regional Deveopment.
- Identify Good practices that can become an example for organizations from other regions
- Achieve Public recognition and reward excellence in the cooperation between University and Industry, encouraging also to have regional impact
- Foster University-Industry cooperation by disseminating the presentation/description Award winners as example of good practices
- Enhance the awareness of the importance of University-Industry collaboration.
Which are the 3 Award Categories?
After the Lisbon Summit around 2010, the European university has to be confronted to:
Technological development, as well as regional context, make some enterprise collectives (because of its size, technology or geographical localisation) to demand a special consideration in order to take advantage of this co-operation; • Respond to the productive system training necessities (The Bologna declaration); Emphasise the entrepreneurial spirit in the university’s community; All this working for improvement of environment and man-woman equal opportunities.
That is how the awards were addressed to projects, programmes and initiatives which have implemented fruitful collaboration between University and Enterprises, and present a substantial impact on the economic and social development of the territory.
can enter the awards in one of the following categories: